Argo Customs Brokers is pleased to present pertinent points from a notice issued by the Canada Border Services Agency. The notice titled Notice of extension of re-investigation: Copper pipe fittings (CPF 2023 RI) was published on May 17, 2023.
The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has extended the re-investigation to update the normal values and export prices of certain copper pipe fittings from the United States, South Korea, and China and the amounts of subsidy for certain copper pipe fittings from China.
The re-investigation has been extended by 28 days due to the complexity and novelty of the issues presented by the re-investigation. The re-investigation will now conclude by August 17, 2023.
The revised re-investigation schedule is now available.
|The subject goods are defined as:
“Solder joint pressure pipe fittings and solder joint drainage, waste, and vent pipe fittings, made of cast copper alloy, wrought copper alloy, or wrought copper, for use in heating, plumbing, air conditioning, and refrigeration applications, originating in/or exported from the United States of America, the Republic of Korea, and the People’s Republic of China.”
The Tribunal excluded the following copper pipe fittings from its injury findings:
- 4 cast drainage lead 8 oz. closet flange;
- 4 cast drainage 14 oz. lead closet flange; and
- Copper-iron high-pressure alloy fittings manufactured with UNS C19400 grade copper alloy and with safe working pressure up to 1,740 psi.
- This is an extension of an investigation that was initiated on February 15, 2023. None of the parameters of the investigation have changed since its inception.
- Notice of extension of re-investigation: Copper pipe fittings (CPF 2023 RI)
- Re-investigation schedule
Argo Customs Brokers is Available to Assist
If you are an individual or represent a company that is involved with importing copper pipe fittings, ARGO Customs brokers can provide assistance. The team at Argo Customs Brokers is always available to answer questions about importing and exporting and can help you understand the effect that this extension can have on your plans. All inquiries are welcome.