The Canada Border Services Agency’s (CBSA) measures regarding Importing goods through the Courier Low Value Shipment (CLVS) Program continue to be in force. Argo Customs Brokers continues to participate in the program to assist its customers.
Secure Customs Brokerage accounts with UPS, DHL and FedEx are maintained. When customers are shipping with them, all documents are prepared electronically via a special Customs Broker’s connection on a secure site.
|The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is a federal agency that facilitates the flow of legitimate travellers and trade. The agency also enforces more than 100 acts and regulations that keep Canada and Canadians safe.|
Shipments Eligible Through CLVS Program
Specific restrictions apply to all shipments imported through the Courier Low Value Shipment (CLVS) program whether for commercial or personal use.
Your shipment may be part of the CBSA’s CLVS Program if:
- The entire shipment is valued at are worth Can$3,300 or less;
- The company handling the shipment currently participates in the CLVS Program; and
- The goods are not regulated, controlled or prohibited.
source: CBSA, 2020
- The exporter provides the courier with the value, country of origin, and a detailed description of the goods.
- Only eligible shipments are processed through the Courier Low Value Shipment (CLVS) Program.
- The CBSA reviews each shipment and may choose to examine the shipment to confirm eligibility of the goods to enter Canada.
- Once the CBSA is satisfied that the shipment complies with all import regulations, it is released to the courier for delivery.
Importing goods through the Courier Low Value Shipment (CLVS) Program
Note that only a licensed customs broker may account for goods and pay duties under section 32 of the Customs Act as the agent of the owner or importer of the goods.
For further details on what goods are considered regulated, controlled or prohibited please refer to departmental memoranda: D9 – Prohibited Importations and D19 – Acts and Regulations of Other Government Departments.