I’d like to Export an antique/ vintage car from Canada to US for a personal use. Could you please advise.

For importing to US: Generally, classic or antique vehicles are exempt from Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) pollution and safety requirements.If the vehicle is at least 21 years old, there are no EPA compliance requirements upon importation.A motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old can be lawfully imported into the U.S. without regard to whether it complies with all applicable DOT Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). the 25 year period runs from the date of the vehicle’s manufacture.The importer must file with CBP, upon entry, an EPA form 3520-1.Some more paperwork should be done, please ask our broker.

Please advise the marking regulations for good made in China ?

Non-NAFTA goods shall be marked in English or French.The marking of goods shall be legible, sufficiently permanent and capable of being seen easily during normal handling of the goods or their container. Where the words “Canada” or “Canadian” or any abbreviation thereof, or the name of any country or place other than the country of origin of the goods appears on any goods elsewhere than in the country of origin marking, and the presence of the words can be expected to mislead the ultimate purchaser or the ultimate recipient, as the case may be, the country of origin marking shall be located in close proximity to those words and shall contain the expression “made in,” “produced in” or “printed in” or any other expression, in any of the languages used in accordance with subsection 4(1) or (2), that indicates to the ultimate purchaser or to the ultimate recipient, as the case may be, the country of origin of the goods. An abbreviation of a country name may be used in a country of origin marking if the abbreviation clearly indicates to the ultimate purchaser or to the ultimate recipient, as the case may be, the country of origin of the goods.

What could be my personal exemptions when I’m coming back to Canada ?

When you return to Canada, you may qualify for a personal exemption. This allows you to bring goods of a certain value into the country without paying regular duty and taxes, except for a minimum duty that may apply to some tobacco products.You are eligible for a personal exemption if you are one of the following:

  • a Canadian resident returning from a trip outside Canada
  • a former resident of Canada returning to live in this country
  • or a temporary resident of Canada returning from a trip outside Canada

Even young children and infants are entitled to a personal exemption. As a parent or guardian, you can make a declaration to the CBSA for a child as long as the goods you are declaring are for the child’s use.

New and used tires – please explain the procedure.

ARGO Customs Brokers are doing entries with a new and used tires.

Used tires are CFIA and Transport Canada (TC) regulated. It is our part of the job to get AIRS codes and submit to CBSA. Duty rates could be vary (depends)

New tires are TC regulated (CFIA not). Regular duty rate is 7%.

Want to bring a Motorboat With Outboard Motors, please advise the HS code.

Outboard motors are generally interchangeable and not committed by design for any particular boat. Therefore, outboard motors and motorboats are classified separately regardless of how the goods are invoiced. Outboard motors are classified under tariff item 8407.21.00 or 8408.10.00 as the case may be, and outboard motorboats are classified under subheading 8903.99.

Exhibit Articles – please give me the information ?

Exhibit Articles (Tariff Item No. 9818.00.00).

Articles imported by or for public museums, public libraries, universities, colleges or schools, to be placed in such institutions as exhibits, accompanied by a certificate, in duplicate, in the prescribed form with the information to be provided with the form, and signed by a responsible official of the institution in which the articles are to be exhibited.

A complete inventory of all goods imported in the shipment must be attached to the signed certification. Each article on the list is to be numbered in consecutive order and a detailed description of the good provided.

I’d like to bring a limestone and other calcareous stones for Animal feed, please advise the HS Tariff code ?

Tariff code is 25.21. (with some exemptions).Cover only products which are in the crude state or which have been washed (even with chemical substances eliminating the impurities without changing the structure of the product), crushed, ground, powdered, levigated, sifted, screened, concentrated by flotation, magnetic separation, or other mechanical or physical processes (except crystallization), but not products which have been roasted, calcined, obtained by mixing, or subjected to processing beyond that mentioned in each heading.

Fresh Roses from India – could Toronto ARGO Customs Brokers assist with ?

YES, ARGO Customs Brokers are doing such kind of shipments at all Canadian Ports (Toronto as well).

0603.11.00.00 UOM- DZN (Dozen) CFIA

– Live trees and other plants; bulbs, roots and the like; cut flowers and ornamental foliage

– Cut flowers and flower buds of a kind suitable for bouquets or for ornamental purposes, fresh, dried, dyed, bleached, impregnated or otherwise prepared.

– Fresh:

– Roses,

duty rate 10.5%