Imported fish products that are not covered under theFish Inspection Act and Regulations would include:
- fish product intended for personal consumption. This also includes product imported by foreign embassies or consulates for their personal use;
- fish products not intended for human consumption such as bait or pet food;
- fish products such as functional foods or nutraceuticals that are the responsibility of Health Canada;
- products imported as trade samples;
- fish products for research only.
Although these products do not fall under the jurisdiction of the CFIA, they are still considered an import and must be reported to Canada Border Services Agency.