Please advise me about an Importer Security for I can obtain the release prior to payment ?

Security can be provided in the form of cash, certified cheque, money order, transferable bond issued by the Government of Canada, and/or a D120 Customs Bond issued by either a surety or financial institution.Security is to be posted in the legal entity name associated with their business number.

Security for resident importers is based on their average monthly duties and taxes owing (less the GST), up to a maximum of CAN $10 million.