If an exporter ships a food product from Canada, and that product is returned to the exporter, does the exporter require a licence in order to accept that product?

ARGO Toronto Customs Brokers: You do not need a separate license. When you apply for a licence, you outline your operations – domestically and importing/exporting and one licence can cover everything.