Export of Controlled Cultural Property

The control list does not apply to objects which are less than 50 years old, or made by a person still living. It should be noted that other restrictions may apply to individual categories identified on the control list.
The export of controlled cultural property is subject to a permit procedure which is administered by designated permit issuing officers at specified CBSA offices across Canada.
A permit to export cultural property may be issued by a permit issuing officer to authorize either the permanent or temporary export of an object. A permanent export permit is required for exports of five years or more while a temporary export is not to exceed five years from the date the permit was issued.
Please ask our broker for detailed information.