The Canada Border Services Agency Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) is a multi-phase project to modernize the collection of duties and taxes for commercial goods imported into Canada.
The CBSA has taken a phased approach to making it the official system of record for the collection of duties and taxes for commercial goods imported into Canada. In October 2023, the CARM Release 2 system will be available for selected industry partners who want to test their own internal systems and for software service providers to continue to certify their software with CARM.
- The proposed regulatory amendments continue on schedule, with a planned date of May 2024, when CARM becomes the official system of record. Further enhancements are expected to become available in fall 2024.
- A forum will be established with key stakeholders to discuss the implementation of this phased approach and the application of regulations in support of CARM.
- To ease the transition to CARM, all commercial businesses that import goods into Canada are to register now on the CARM Client Portal, ahead of May 2024.
- CARM: CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management project
- Access the CARM Client Portal
- A summary of the report: What we heard report: Proposed regulatory amendments to support the implementation of CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM).
If you have any questions or need assistance regarding the effects that the changes to CARM may have on your business, please reach out to Argo Customs Brokers. Our team of experts is here to help you navigate the requirements of the CARM Client Portal. Contact us today for any import/export services or information you may require.