The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) recently announced that it would be implementing a new system that would “transform how the CBSA assesses, collects, manages, and reports on import revenue and trade information.”
As today’s leading importing/exporting firm in Canada, the team from Argo Customs will be participating in the rolling out of both projects, referred to as the CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management Project or CARM. The first release will take place in May 2021 and the second in May 2022.
CARM Will Transform the Importation Process
According to officials, CARM is a multi-year initiative designed to revolutionize the importation process. As one of the top collectors of revenue for the Canadian government, the CBSA is second only to the Canada Revenue Agency.
“The billions of dollars we collect annually in duties and taxes are critical to our economy,” a CARM representative recently stated.
To make it easier to import and export goods into and out of Canada, CARM will offer users an online portal that will give importers/exporters access to border services 24/7, every day of the week.
Some of the most attractive features to the new online portal will include:
- Online tools to classify goods, submit e-declarations and calculate taxes and duties
- View up-to-date account information
- Make e-payments and become paperless
- Allow importers and customs brokers to tailor the services needed to manage their own accounts
- Streamline the process of working with the CBSA
- Enhance consistency and adherence to trade rules and decisions
- Minimize repetitive information requirements
- & More!
Contact Argo Customs today to learn more about the CARM system!
For those importing and exporting goods into and out of Canada, contact Argo Customs today online for more information about the benefits CARM will provide and how we’re participating. You can also call 1 (888) 311-8303.